Hegewisch Substation Intelligent/Smart Upgrades
Amped I designed and engineered P&C for four intelligent substations that were IEC61850 compliant. Each substation had all new relaying with redundant fibers, new batteries, new ATO and a DNP connection to the fire protection system.
Schemes included time programmed tripping, load shedding and auto bus tie closing. All of the new relaying was SEL relays along with RuggedComm switches.
Amped I’s technical role in upgrading the substations included:
- DC Interlock
- 2 Line Carriers
- 18 Feeder Relaying (SEL 351S & SEL 751)
- 7 Bus Relaying (SEL 751A & SEL 451), (2- RSG2100 switches)
- 4 Transformer Positions (SEL 787, SEL 387, SEL 451 & SEL 311C)
- 4 Feeder Position doors with Current Diff (SEL-311L)
- Transformer Overload Relief (TOR)
- Transformer Voltage Regulation
- Bus Sectionalizing
- New Batteries and Battery Monitoring
- DC Distribution Panels
- Wiring Diagrams
- Circuit Schedule
- Conduit Schedule
- Fiber Panels
- Document Management
At Hegewisch Substation, Amped I replaced all existing substation relaying with new microprocessor devices in order to create this intelligent substation.
Design to upgrade 138kV line relaying and communication for one (1) transmission line and design for a new 12kV switchgear building to replace old switchgear.
AMPED I provides exceptional design engineering services for the power transmission and distribution industry including:
- Protection and Control Design:
One Lines, Three Lines, AC/DC Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA/RTU and related documents.
Fiber, Power Line Carrier, Audio Tone, Microwave, JMUX and other communication means.