500kV Nuclear Substation Full Relay Upgrade
Amped I completed the design and engineering of upgrading all the existing protection/control relays for an entire 500kV Nuclear Substation.
The substation is configured with five 500kV lines (four in a breaker and a half configuration and one in a double bus double breaker configuration), two 500/230/12kV transformers, two 500kV capacitor banks and twenty MOD’s. All new microprocessor relays were installed in 27 new panels (SCADA, Metering and LTC included).
For this project the following relays were included:
- (10) SEL-411Ls (Pri and Bu for each of the 5 lines)
- (4) SEL-487Es (Pri and Bu for each transformer)
- (4) SEL-487Bs (Pri and Bu for each bus)
- (7) SEL-2440s (MOD control for each line and transformer)
- (29) SEL-2440s (Pri and Bu AMS for each duplex panel and cap cubicle)
- (1) Axion 2240 (LTC control for transformer #1 & #2)
- (4) SEL-487V Relays for Capacitor 2 & 3 Protection and Control (Pri and Bu for cap)
- (4) SEL-2506 Relays for Capacitor 2 & 3 Trips (Pri and Bu in each cubicle)
- (2) Orion LX (Pri and Bu SCADA)
- (6) Cisco Ethernet Grid Switches (3 Pri and 3 Bu)
- (2) SEL-3620 Ethernet Security Gateways (Pri and Bu)
- (2) SEL-2488 Satellite Clocks (Pri and Bu)
- (1) 3400 IRIG-B Distribution Module
Amped I designed and provided the new schematics package for IFA along with the associated demolition drawings. Amped I incorporated all comments on the schematics package prior the IFC submittal. Amped I also designed the wiring drawings package and submitted for IFC.
AMPED I provides exceptional design engineering services for the power transmission and distribution industry including:
- Protection and Control Design:
One Lines, Three Lines, AC/DC Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, SCADA/RTU and related documents.
Fiber, Power Line Carrier, Audio Tone, Microwave, JMUX and other communication means.